Agro-Industry Life Cycle Assessment
CEEI – Alimentec (who has the role of supporting the economic development via the innovation and the creation of companies innovating in the field of the agro-industry one) in partnership with Cycleco, are launching a project intitled ”Analysis of Life Cycle food products ”
This project is funded by the Rhone Alpes Region and ADEME.
The objective of this project is to provide agro-industries SMEs all the tools necessary for an eco-design approach of their products. The company will be able to assess the environmental performance of its products independently and in accordance with international standards.
From a strategic standpoint, the results of the evaluation will help take a decision about the development of new eco-designed products and will help improve existing products.
The specific objectives are:
- Train the participating companies to the life cycle assessment, LCA-and eco-design.
- Use of a LCA software adapted to agro-industry field (only during a determined time) and a database inventory
- Support the participating companies in the realization of a LCA on a product of their choice and help interpret the results
- Share common data with all the companies
- Share their experience about the pilot project
In this context, Rhône Alpes agro-industry SMEs, who would like to join this project could eventually see their Life Cycle Assessment care at 80% (note: Only 2 places left!).
You will find the information sheet and registration form by clicking here
A first meeting will be held February 8, 2011 at Alimentec in Bourg en Bresse (location).
Please contact 04 37 86 07 12 or 04 74 45 52 16