Environmental footprinting with USEtox® webinar
In collaboration with ADEME (French Environment and Energy Management Agency) & CYCLECO
Environmental footprinting with USEtox®
Free Version 2.0 Kick Off Webinar
3 November 2014 – 2 pm (Brussels time)
Environmental Footprinting with USEtox® provides a database of new or updated characterization factors for more than 7000 substances based on the USEtox® model.
A full update of the ecotoxicity data was performed for all USEtox® substances, and a comparison function enables to compare initial USEtox® factors and the new updated factors, understanding the main causes of differences. The database is now synchronized with REACH and every twelve months, a new series of characterization factors is produced following REACH evolution.
Key points concerning Environmental Footprinting with USEtox®:
- The new characterization factors database is available in ILCD format.
- New characterization factors for metals are based on the most recent publications from Gandhi and Dong.
- The online software details each parameter that is used for the calculation and also enables to vary each parameter in order to test how far the characterization factors are affected.
- An administrator supports the use of the software, ensuring the qualitative improvement of the data.
- Each user can test its own parameters data and propose to improve existing data for the next update.
- For researchers, a version of the software also enables to change the landscape parameters in order to test another continent or a different area.
- Most recent database developments relate to ecotoxicity, however the human health part of USEtox® is also implemented in the software but the characterization factors database is not updated. It is anyway possible to test how a change in parameters affects a characterization factor.
- The platform offers a full transparency and a complete traceability of the data used for the calculation of the characterization factors.
A free software platform and complete database will be presented during this webinar.
Please find the webinar’s agenda below:
Part 1: Presentation of Environmental Footprinting with USEtox®
1- Introduction of the USEtox® model (2-2:05 pm)
2- Applying USEtox® for research purposes (2:05-2:10 pm)
3- Applying USEtox® for ecotoxicity footprint calculation (2:10-2:35 pm)
4- New inputs for facilitating ecotoxicity footprinting with USEtox® (2:35-3:00 pm)
Break (3:00-3:15 pm)
Part 2: Ecotoxicity Footprint with USEtox® in practice
1- Training on USEtox® for ecotoxicity footprinting (3:15-3:35 pm)
2- Software & library database presentation (3:35-4:00 pm)
Break (4:00-4:15 pm)
Part 3: Individual testing of the software and library platform V 2.0 with Cycleco’s support (4:15-5: pm)
Please click here to register and get access to the webinar.
To access the USEtox® footprinting platform: www.usetox.tools4env.com. Please note that you can set up a free access and test the platform (click on Free access, create an account).
To contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org